Now that I am trying to eat a (mostly) raw vegan diet, I have started to be a little more creative with my snacks in order to keep myself from grabbing a bag of chips (one can only eat so bananas). I really love chips and I think that is one of the biggest challenges I face on this “diet”. ugh.
Anyways, this is a little something I came up with when I was having a hard time controlling the chip monster the lives inside of me and they are actually super delicious.Obviously raspberries and chips have nothing in common… but these are the only ingredients I had in my house and I needed something to squash my craving a.s.a.p.
What you will need:
- 1 Pint of Fresh Raspberries
- 5-6 Soft Medjool Dates
- 10 Raw Cashews
- 5 Raw almonds
- Rinse your raspberries and put them to the side
- Remove the pits from your dates and dice them up into small little pieces
- In a food processor or blender, pulse your cashews and almonds until they form a sand like consistency
- Stuff your chopped medjool dates into each raspberry and dip the top of each berry into the pulsed nuts mixture
That’s all it takes. Gobble them up and silence that chip craving.
Sweet, easy and delicious!